Gorilla

Kodak print envelope

A friend gave me some vintage negatives of Disneyland, and some of them were in envelopes like this. Not sure if you've see one of these before (I know, you probably have). I love the World's Fair graphic!

post-5109-0-58630700-1348117194_thumb.jp

Seems to me I have some sort of picture envelope with Kodak WF graphics, maybe an outer one instead of this inner one? Can't find it now because the house was turned inside out by window installers and interior painters.

Thanks Randy - that's what I have (somewhere)

I like that line drawing on yours too.

Kodak advertised their World's Fair presence in every way imaginable. Not only did the lab put your negatives in a sleeve with the line drawing (as seen in your photo), then put that in an envelope with the color art (my photo)....

....when they mailed the whole thing back to you, they used a pictorial meter postage on the outside, which also included the line drawing!

KodakMeter.jpg

I have one of those Kodak snapshot envelopes from the Fair as well. Whenever I see these bits of Kodak legacy I mourn the loss of that industrial giant. One would have thought they might have been "too big to fail." I guess not.