Bill Cotter

Carousel Park question

Does anyone have a 1964 edition of the Guide Book with an entry for Carousel Park? If so I'd love to get a copy of the text.

Thanks!

Bill

Bill,

The only reference I found was a mention of the carousel in the description of Kiddyland. I have multiple editions of the 64 Guidebook but this if from the 4th edition:

"Kiddyland - As the name makes clear, this pavilion offers all kinds of fun for the youngsters- rides, slides and games. Among the attractions are three 30-foot slides spiraling down inside hollow tubes, a paddle-boat ride on the pond, a German-manufactured carousel and a junior-grade roller coaster, less scary than the grownup variety. The rides are calculated to appeal to thrill seekers as young as two or three. *Admission: free to the pavilion; rides 35 cents."

Kiddyland does not appear in the 1st edition, can't find my 2nd edition, but it appears in the 3rd edition with the same text as above.

Mitch

how many printings of the 64 guide were there?is'there a rare version of one?

"Kiddyland" was located in 1964 between the Log Flume and Carousel Park.

In 1965 most of the rides were moved to the location where the Continental Circus had been, near the monorail station, and was renamed 'Continental Park'. But the kiddy car ride was moved over to the Transportation area, at least for a short time on the upper deck of the T&T Pavilion.

The grouping of amusement rides closer to the Hawaii Pavilion, on the other hand, was called "Funland", at least in 1965.

Thanks. It looks like it never made it into any of the 1964 guides then. I can't find my 4th edition one at the moment so I wasn't sure if it made it in or not.

Jerry, I believe there are 4 versions of the 64 guide book. From my experience the 3rd seems the most common, but that is a purely unscientific observation based on copies stacked around here.