Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bill Cotter

Expo 92 photographs

7 posts in this topic

I am working on scanning a large collection of Expo 92 negatives. Here are some done so far - hope you enjoy them. Please let me know if I mis-named any!

set-1-1.jpg

set-1-2.jpg

set-1-3.jpg

set-1-4.jpg

OK, I see a typo in #16 - anything else?

I was told that Set 2 #18 & 19 are interiors from the Italy pavilion. Thanks, Jackie!

Nice job.  It was an interesting expo.  Loved some of the architecture like Hungary, Chile, Kuwait and Spain/Spanish states.   I thought the interior courtyard of the Canada Pavilion was beautiful (the holographic water walls) and was disappointed (as usual) with the US pavilion.   Bill, what was in the suspended globe structure in the Italy Pavilion (019 photo)...a theatre?

I don't think it was a theater, just a giant globe, but I may well be wrong.

It actually was a theater of sorts.  In the Expo '92 Official Guide, it's described as "The Cosmos (Earth and the Skies), from its pictorial and cartographic representation to the perception of it as a complex organism that has everything."  If you look closely at the photos, you can see ramps leading to the globe which allowed you to walk through the globe and see projections of various cartographic representations of the Earth.

Well, I guess a theater without seats. I thought of it more as a walk through display than a theater.