23 replies to this topic

#1 lerchallen

lerchallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:41 AM

hello everyone

I have one of the 14 ge carousel of progress models by richard rush studios and was looking to sell... if anyone could help me in what I should do to sell it let me know and if you are interseted your self pleae write back thank you

#2 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:12 PM

Welcome. Do you have any pictures of it you can post here?

#3 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,316 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Is this one of the models with a dome that lights up in rotating sequences, similar to the original?

#4 xl5er

xl5er

Really Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:31 PM

"Richard Rush" returned no search results in PTU and Google provided little. I am not familiar with the name. If he or the eponymous studio is an important NYWF figure can one of you Kahunas explain his significance?

I do not want to purchase but would love to hear about these models. Randy? Sounds like you are familiar w them.

#5 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

That 14 were made is new news to me. I know of only 2 or 3 in existence.
What are you asking?

#6 lerchallen

lerchallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

yes it does have a dome of lights and it rotates

#7 Craig Bavaro

Craig Bavaro

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Ok, so lets get to the questions we are all dying to ask. How big is it? Where are you located (for shipping purposes)? How much do you want for it? And, can you share some pictures here so we can all drool over it. :)

#8 lerchal

lerchal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

the model messures 26" x 29" x 12" i am located in long island ny i own the model because my grandfather ran the ge bulding at the worlds fair im looking for about 5,000 im thinking about putting it on ebay i have more picture but im not certin how to post them here if interested email me at lerchallen@yahoo.com

#9 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,316 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:13 PM

I don't recall exactly, but I think that one about 10 years ago sold on eBay for somewhere between $2,000 and $2,500. Maybe some of you other guys remember.

#10 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,110 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

As luck would have it, I saved a copy of that ebay page, pictures and all.
October 19, 2002.
Location was New Jersey.
Final bid: $5,100.00 !!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,316 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Wow- my memory had shrunk. LOL :D

With those kind of prices, I'll have to wait until I retire some day, and then build one myself from scratch, just for enjoyment. I could try to replicate the entire dome light show, plus have the carousel underneath move around from position to position.

I can't remember from our discussion a few years ago, but did we determine whether in New York the carousel rotated in an opposite direction from the direction it rotates in Florida today? And one more stop position to allow the crowd to exit into the interior of the building instead of back out into the exterior? I'll have to go back and find that thread.

#12 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

The carousel does rotate in the opposite direction but there are the same number of stops. They just have the crowd exit in the rear now and not the front of the theater. You have six stops - Load, Act I, Act II, Act III, Act IV, Unload.

Lerchallen - if you have pictures we can help you get them posted. Do you have anything else besides the model?

#13 lerchallen

lerchallen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

bill cotter i only have the model for worlds fair collectable and if you can show me how to post but i will be putting it on ebay in the next week or so with with a starting bid of 2500 so if you guys can tell your friends that might be intersted and hopefully you guys can get a good deal

#14 lerchal

lerchal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

if you can email me i would email you back pictures or if you can tell me how to post them in here i would post them i put them on my facebook account my name is allen lerch so if you want to check them out you can go on facebook

#15 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Email sent!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users