Bill Cotter

Return to Okinawa - 1985

I suspect that 29, 34 and 35 may be at the Fish pavilions complex. In one of your overhead publicity photos of the Fish complex, I think we might be able to spot those bubble exhibits.

016-pavilions-on-ships.jpg

Very similar to the bubbles at the USA Pavilion, but a slightly different shape.

Here is the current official web site for Ocean Expo Park:

http://oki-park.jp/en/

Yes, that looks like the same structure, with the long concrete structure off to the side. I'm going crazy trying to find a map of Expo 75. If anyone has one please let me know. I'm pretty sure I have one buried away in a box but which one??

Cool shots, Bill-- and creepy too, just like you said. Were you able to revisit and just walk about freely-- or did you have to sneak around the property?

These were actually taken by the late Peter Warner. From some paperwork I picked up with the slides it appears he had a local guide and had arranged access before he left the US. Unfortunately he didn't label any of the slides.

I have some more shots from a visit back to the site of Expo 75 that need names.

By the way, I think some of the shots were from the Ships complex and not the Fish complex as suggested. Any thoughts there?

set-3-contact-1.jpg

set-3-contact-2.jpg