• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Nicole Hillner

Nicole Hillner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Attached File  A.JPG   1.94MB   26 downloadsAttached File  C.JPG   1.95MB   31 downloadsAttached File  F.JPG   1.98MB   26 downloadsAttached File  G.JPG   1.97MB   21 downloads

Hello,

I have automotive pieces (cars) from the GM Futurama ride in the 1939 World's Fair in New York. Uncle Eddie, a family friend who was on the crew that set up & dismantled the Futurama ride, wound up with a portion of the display.

The following is a link to photographs of the unrestored cars in their original condition,

The writing, Futurama, on the roof of the largest car is in pencil, the writing on the bottom is in ink & pencil. The large metal car measures approximately 5.5" long 2" high & 2.5" wide. The smaller plastic cars measure from 0.5" to just over 2" in length.

I am seeking any information of their potential value with the intent of selling. Ideally it would be nice to see them displayed for public consumption. Unfortunately the museums are only interested in donations.

Thank You,
Nicole

#2 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:49 AM

Those are amazing. Thanks for sharing them. I don't think your link came through.

#3 Nicole Hillner

Nicole Hillner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

I think I corrected the link, are you able to view it now?

#4 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yes, seems fine, thanks.

#5 Nicole Hillner

Nicole Hillner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Here are additional photos posted to Flickr;

Just to restate, the vehicles are all original, unrestored, & completely "crusty" :D I know there is color variation in some of the pictures; they were taken at different times with different cameras. I find the latest Flickr set of photographs to be the most accurate for color.

- Nicole

#6 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,282 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

This has somehow become tho threads of the same information. I'm going to lock this one dow, but please do continue the discussion in the other copy.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: futurama, 1939 new york, automotive, cars, general motors, vehicles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users