Sign in to follow this  
Elizabeth Klug

Sinclair Dinos in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

This is footage my uncle shot of me, my brother Jon and my cousins Rob and Steve @ the Thanksgiving Day parade in the mid-60s. The old balloons are so cool and the Sinclair Dinos from the NYWF are featured prominently on their own floats!!

• Like 1

I'm thinking 1966 - there's a white '67 Camaro convertible pulling the "Grand Prix" float at about the 1:50 mark in the film.

1967 was the first model year for the Camaro, and they were introduced in Sept. 1966...

I think it is post-fair, for mainly one reason. Notice that there is no mention whatsoever of the Fair on the float, and it is used solely to represent Sinclair Oil. I believe this was prior to the dinos going on their flatbed tour around the country. So I think it is TG 65.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or did I see Soupy Sales near the end of the clip?

I know I'm joining this discussion 8 years later - but it definitely was 1966. Here is a crop of the first half of the parade line up from the Daily News Wed 11/23/66

5eb4b28947040_01Daily_News_Wed_Nov_23_1966_cropsmall.jpg.683e8eff66dcd8945fe32a62c2f278ac.jpg

That’s good info.  Thank you for sharing and welcome to this site!  Keep posting!