Bill Cotter

Expo 58 View-Master scenes

Thanks, Bill. Which scanner did you use?

I scanned these at 2400 DPI on an Epson V700, then used a program called ReelTool to create the 3D and individual images. Those were then color corrected in Photoshop. As you can imagine the tiny size of the images doesn't give you much to work with. I could scan them at a higher resolution but ReelTool choked on the big files so I went with what is posted. I'll be scanning my other VM sets as I come across them. This was a recent win on eBay so it hadn't submerged into the collection too deeply just yet.

I scanned these at 2400 DPI on an Epson V700, then used a program called ReelTool to create the 3D and individual images. Those were then color corrected in Photoshop. As you can imagine the tiny size of the images doesn't give you much to work with. I could scan them at a higher resolution but ReelTool choked on the big files so I went with what is posted. I'll be scanning my other VM sets as I come across them. This was a recent win on eBay so it hadn't submerged into the collection too deeply just yet.

From my previous attempts, I think more than 2400 DPI on these (they are duplicates, after all) is wasted. Only makes the dust sharper - there really is no more detail in the image. Nevertheless, I'm impressed by the quality of the scans.

I use also a V700... it's a very good scanner... but effectively, viewmaster doesn't have enough high resolution to have better result. You already have a top quality in this case !