Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Question of the Day

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does turkey really taste better the day after Thanksgiving? Just thought I'd ask. :wacko:

Posted · Report post

NOPE UNLESS YOU MAKE TURKEY SALAD

Posted · Report post

NOPE UNLESS YOU MAKE TURKEY SALAD

Or you head to the UK a whole month after US Thanksgiving for Christmas :rolleyes:

Posted · Report post

I thought in the UK it was a duck or goose for Christmas. :)

Posted · Report post

I thought in the UK it was a duck or goose for Christmas. :)

Turkey is much much more common. You do hear talk of people having goose, but I;ve never met any - the most common non-turkey meal I;ve encountered is a nut roast for vegetarians :-(

It'll be turkey in my house

Posted · Report post

Here in the U.S. I don't know if there's any #1 main entree for Christmas, although turkey has been gaining in popularity. Ham seems to be a pretty popular choice.

In hispanic neighborhoods they tend to wolf down as many different kinds of tamales as possible... then finish it off with a Christmas tamale for dessert (sweet, with raisins).

Posted · Report post

Just make sure you avoid any Wild Turkey for the holidays... as this Sacramento reporter recently learned the hard way.

Posted · Report post

Just make sure you avoid any Wild Turkey for the holidays... as this Sacramento reporter recently learned the hard way.

Oh that's brilliant. I wonder if the reporter was wearing black, and so (combined with the likely red light on the camera) looked like a big turkey.

(I have a colleague who wears brown a lot, and is often targetted by geese in nesting season, so the idea isn't as off the wall as it may seem)

Posted · Report post

In hispanic neighborhoods they tend to wolf down as many different kinds of tamales as possible... then finish it off with a Christmas tamale for dessert (sweet, with raisins).

tamales sound lovely (weell the savoury idea anyhow). I'd never heard of them before. I'll have to look out for them (maybe next time I'm in London)