bagels

A FEW FOR MITCH S. FOR THE HOLIDAYS

The world of food was a pavillion that was half built and torn down before the fair was started due to lack of funding.I`m sure Bill or Randy could supply more information.

That's about it, Sonny. They ran so late on their construction that Moses ordered the structure pulled down and hauled away. The builders sued in court, saying they finally had the money to finish, but Moses prevailed. Most of the steel was hauled off to Brooklyn where it sat for a while during the lawsuits that followed before finally being sold as scrap, and other parts of the building were buried on site and covered with landscaping.

wow cool egg timer,i only wonder what lies under ground at the park,any one ever dig anything up?

First time I have seen the egg timer too. Great find !! Thanks for sharing

The egg timer is a block of lucite with the timer and medal suspended in it. Its cool!

Last unique item for now: Toothpicks with paper flags. Maybe they came stuck in a sandwich?

post-54-0-70600200-1322521617_thumb.jpg

My toothpicks are plastic with a molded-in Unisphere.. but no cool little flags. It's amazing how good a condition yours has stood up after 46 years! You could make a parade with toy soldiers carrying the flags.

Maybe if you did a DNA check on the wood, you'd find it came from Korea. :)

Actually, have you heard the latest? The Chinese need so many chopsticks they had to outsource, and guess who got the contract? A company in Georgia. It seems the Chinese view Georgia pine as very high quality. I saw that in a news report several weeks ago. The factory in Georgia is pumping out millions of them, and the Chinese want all they can produce.

Love the plate... I have a small coin with a similar NYWF image on it. :)

Bill, you got the same one, mine has the box too though. I think you got yours from John P's auction. Its a really nice item!!Congrats! I've only seen three come upn the past 10 years...

Yes, it came from John. I've wanted one for years and was thrilled to see it come up righter after your posting. I'm glad I was able to snag it.

Thanks for the info.

All's fair in love, war and landfill gathering...

Sorry about that, I know how it feels to miss out on something you've had your eye on. Hopefully another will come along soon.

I tried to post last night, but had connectivity problems. I have both of these rubber dolls, but not the packaging they came in. However, we have an advertisement for them and other World's Fair offerings from this same manufacturer. (I vaguely remember the name Sun Rubber Co.- is that right?) Anyway, the advertisement calls them Candy and Sandy. There is a thread on this board from several years ago where we laughed at the World's Fair Twins being called Candy and Sandy when they were called Peter and Wendy in the popular NYWF Children's books. Probably a licensing issue, so the rubber manufacturer finally said to heck with it, we'll just call them whatever we want.