Bill Cotter

A visit to Jerry Bagels house

In another topic () our esteemed member Bagels claims to have several of the Topping Unispheres in their original boxes. We sent a crew out to his house to see if that was true.

Amazingly it is. We have proof in this exclusive shot of his house.

souvenirs.jpg

You can see some of them in the bottom left corner of the left-hand display cabinet, and another one on the middle shelf of the right-hand cabinet. There's even one on the top of the left-hand cabinet.

Jerry was away when we stopped by and unavailable for comment.

bill, sorry i missed you guys when you stopped by, i did notice you and your crew forgot to put some coins in the donation box,i love it jj

And more good stuff on the wall behind the counter. License plates on the far right, more Toppings on the shelf...

post-86-0-89016600-1321665300_thumb.png

What's the globe thing next to the license plates?

post-86-0-95663200-1321665598_thumb.png

see,we all have different wants, i think i have everything i could make out in the photo,the racks do nothing for me, just saying

....I have one of the topping Unispheres, box and all.

......IS this a good thing? LOL

First--thanks Bill for the pic--on the top of the left hand counter it appears to be key chains with people attached--does anyone have these as I've never them before.

Those look more like string puppets to me, rather than keychains.

I also see that Hertz was renting strollers right next door (to the left).

ok,i checked my toppers, there seems to several different styles,metal,plastic,a combo of both,the all metal seems to be the nicest

There's a topic somewhere here on this board from several years ago, that explored the variations of the Topping Unispheres. Search on the word Topping and it can probably be found. If pictures need re-linking let us know.

That's one of the first things I'm curious about, but it looks like this photo was too close in to give us much in the way of clues. Since we see that Hertz strollers was right next door (and specifically to the left) that narrows it down- we know where the Hertz stroller outlets were located.

If I had to take a wild guess, the outlet near Continental Insurance might be a candidate.

This was in a large group of slides I just got in. I spotted it when I was taking it out of the carousel trays and scanned just that one for now. I'll dig into the box I put it in later on and see if I can see what subjects were just before and after it on the original film roll.

ok,i checked my toppers, there seems to several different styles,metal,plastic,a combo of both,the all metal seems to be the nicest

There's also a metal one with a plastic bottom to a metallic base. That's the one that I have.

Will do as soon as I get home in a few hours. :D