33 replies to this topic

#16 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

Really Loves World's Fairs

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

Hi SonnyTFox. I can merge all of your accounts and get it working again.

Wayne, I think it's blocking animation by design. Need to look at the settings.

#17 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

SonnyTFox, I have sent email to the addresses associates with your three accounts. Please respond to each of them if you can.

#18 xl5er

xl5er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

The new board does not populate my login field with my username like the old board. It DOES fill in my password, for which I'm grateful, but I have to enter my boardname manually. Not that five keystrokes is disabling, but I would rather just punch the return key.

Do I need to adjust a MacBook Keychain setting? I already checked, "Remember me," on the login screen, but the new board only remembers my password, not my ineffable essence.

#19 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 04:04 PM

It remembers my user name, but I use a PC. Hopefully we'll hear from another Mac user.

#20 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,434 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:58 PM

It remembers everything for me too--- PC, but I suspect the browser is what makes the difference. Lately I've been using Google Chrome.

#21 EPCOT Explorer

EPCOT Explorer

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:49 AM

Mac on Safari, here... I never log out, and it never prompts me to log in.

Clicked remember me.

#22 Doug Seed

Doug Seed

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:24 AM

Yeah, I never log off, either. (Mac and very old version of Safari). Even when I reboot the computer, which is only once every several weeks, I don't even have to log back in! I have PTU set as my home page.

#23 expoboy

expoboy

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Same experience here as with other Mac users.

#24 xl5er

xl5er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

Discovered that if I type in only the first letter of my username, it autofills the rest of the name and also the password. The old board used to magically fill in everything without my input beyond a Carriage Return.

I see I can also log in with Facebook or some other dubious social media I am skeptical of. Haven't tried. If compartmentalization of confidential information worked for Lt Rochefort and the Enigma boys in doubleya doubleya two, it works for me, pilgrim.

#25 Marc Williams

Marc Williams

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:27 AM

That was and is your web browser remembering and autofilling. IP.Board isn't involved. If the login form changes your browser needs to learn the process again.

However, if you check the "Remember Me" box during login IP.Board will save a bit of information (a cookie) on your computer which allows you to bypass the login for a while.

Facebook and Twitter are hardly dubious and using them to login is optional (and has been an option for quite some time). It's convenient for those who already have an account with those services.

#26 xl5er

xl5er

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

My username and password both fill in automatically on my iPad 2! My 2007 MacBook went crazy and is in the Apple Store for barely still under warranty repair. Maybe it's refusal to populate the fields was part of the suite of inexplicable and never before experienced failures it showed, along with iTunes not playing songs and stuttering videos.

Liking the new board's guitar pick / Formica table / wankel rotary engine background.

#27 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,434 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:59 AM

Yes, that background is reminiscent of one of those banners that we used to have, that was super-googie with pastel-colored amoeba shapes. I think all those banner pictures are probably still stored on the board in one of the image libraries... but there doesn't appear to be a way any longer to use them as banners.

#28 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,159 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

I find I now have to log in every time from the home computer. Remember doesn't work. Hmmm.

Disregard. It was cookies.

Edited by Mike Kraus, 27 October 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#29 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Animated avatar still dead - have to wait until I'm on the home computer and try again.

#30 Doug Seed

Doug Seed

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Got my avatar up today. (now called a "photo" on this board version)
The specs suggest at least 200 pixels but I used 150 x 150 pixels, although the real important thing is to make it square.
If you don't make it square, it will be anamorphically distorted. (squished, stretched or just funny looking)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users