Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Board Changes?

34 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Anyone else seeing a new board?

Posted · Report post

Yes. It changed within the last couple of hours. It is not allowing me to see user profiles.

Posted · Report post

Due to the outage earlier this week some features are unavailable. They will return once performance is improved.

Also updated the board to the latest version. Better security, performance, and a cleaner look.

Posted · Report post

LOVE IT.

Very pretty! :D

Posted · Report post

Also updated the board to the latest version. Better security, performance, and a cleaner look.

Yes - a lot easier to read :)

Posted · Report post

One thing I'm not fond of is that when you read items under "View New Content," the post you've just read is deleted from the screen. If you want to re-read it, you have to search for it on the Board. Otherwise, I do like the cleaner look and easier to read font.

Posted · Report post

I noticed that if you go to

http://www.worldsfai...earch&do=active

You can pick "New since my last visit" on the left and when you read a message, then go back to that screen, the most recent topics should still be there, just not in bold. You can also pick "Past 24 hours", etc.

Bill

Posted · Report post

Thanks Bill.

Posted · Report post

Community services such as search have been restored.

Posted · Report post

Nice look, Marc.

Do you know what the new Avatar dimensions will be?

Posted · Report post

Is the animation of my avatar going to return automatically at some point, or do I need to do something to restore it?

Posted · Report post

Doug: 150 by 150 is good. IP.Board uses the image in many places and it gets scaled depending on location.

Wayne: Don't know why your GIF isn't moving. As far as I know there's nothing in IP.Board that would stop it.

Posted · Report post

Well, I used "change your photo" and reloaded. It shows animated in the photo window but not in the avatar.

Posted · Report post

By the way, it won't let me view my own profile (or any other), says I'm not authorized (although I am signed in).

Posted · Report post

The board also knocked me out under me user name Thefox.I had previously been knocked out under my original user name SonnyTFox a few years back.Now I can only log on under my 3rd name Son.I have actually been a member of PTU since 2004 but now I`m considered a new member with 3 posts as opposed to the 500 or so under my original user names.I guess it`s no big deal but, it just feels weird.

Posted · Report post

Hi SonnyTFox. I can merge all of your accounts and get it working again.

Wayne, I think it's blocking animation by design. Need to look at the settings.

Posted · Report post

SonnyTFox, I have sent email to the addresses associates with your three accounts. Please respond to each of them if you can.

Posted · Report post

The new board does not populate my login field with my username like the old board. It DOES fill in my password, for which I'm grateful, but I have to enter my boardname manually. Not that five keystrokes is disabling, but I would rather just punch the return key.

Do I need to adjust a MacBook Keychain setting? I already checked, "Remember me," on the login screen, but the new board only remembers my password, not my ineffable essence.

Posted · Report post

It remembers my user name, but I use a PC. Hopefully we'll hear from another Mac user.

Posted · Report post

It remembers everything for me too--- PC, but I suspect the browser is what makes the difference. Lately I've been using Google Chrome.

Posted · Report post

Mac on Safari, here... I never log out, and it never prompts me to log in.

Clicked remember me.

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I never log off, either. (Mac and very old version of Safari). Even when I reboot the computer, which is only once every several weeks, I don't even have to log back in! I have PTU set as my home page.

Posted · Report post

Same experience here as with other Mac users.

Posted · Report post

Discovered that if I type in only the first letter of my username, it autofills the rest of the name and also the password. The old board used to magically fill in everything without my input beyond a Carriage Return.

I see I can also log in with Facebook or some other dubious social media I am skeptical of. Haven't tried. If compartmentalization of confidential information worked for Lt Rochefort and the Enigma boys in doubleya doubleya two, it works for me, pilgrim.

Posted · Report post

That was and is your web browser remembering and autofilling. IP.Board isn't involved. If the login form changes your browser needs to learn the process again.

However, if you check the "Remember Me" box during login IP.Board will save a bit of information (a cookie) on your computer which allows you to bypass the login for a while.

Facebook and Twitter are hardly dubious and using them to login is optional (and has been an option for quite some time). It's convenient for those who already have an account with those services.