EPCOT Explorer

Triumph of Man, Triumph of Narration, Trip Through Time.

Afternoon all,

Was lucky enough this week to come across a "Triumph of Man" record, and didn't see a compilation of it's tracks, so that's what I did with my morning!

Also wrote a small piece for my blog, as well, eager to hear your thoughts on it: http://epcotexplorer...on-trip-through

Ended up researching it through this site, so all of the pictures from the post are directly credited to the thread I found them in.

Hope you enjoy!

EE

I did a similar project last night taking the illustrations for each scene/track off the record art but also including in each track whatever original pictures I've found of the exhibit from what Bill has posted and also from the NYPL photos I obtained a decade ago.    A couple other pix I found online from when the exhibit was in Columbus after the Fair.       So this way, one can get a sense of what it's like to hear the narration matched to the visuals (didn't find any photographs for the Dawn of Agriculture or the final scene Man's Journey to the Stars so I just stuck with the record art)

https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=The+Triumph+Of+Man.mp4

Eric, the link just goes to my dropbox account with the file name grayed out? How do we access it?

This works fine - thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks!      I put up a couple others as well for the Disneyland 20,000 Leagues Walkthrough exhibit as well as the original Disney World Hall Of Presidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFp8cL83TI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiIp0_pyDqI

In terms of other Fair attractions, I might see what can be done with Carousel Of Progress and the Magic Skyway in the future.    

I remember just stopping at various displays from around the world.  No narration, ride or specific tour.

I have a very vivid memory of walking through a grass hut in a jungle onto a deck ship. Not sure why this sticks out in my mind. Maybe the abrupt change of scenery. 

I have a clear memory of an army jeep in a jungle environment, with a bottle of Coke on the hood or fender. I think I remember it being humid in that diorama and it seems the front wheels of the jeep were slightly up on a rock or something. Was that at the '64 fair?  I really don't remember any other scenes, and now, of course, my memories are jumbled after 14 years here in this fabulous forum.

Doug: You just described the final two scenes.  Coke popped up in a few scenes, but I think the jungle scene had the most noticeable placement.  And then you walked onto the deck of a ship off the coast of Rio.  A little bit like the early Walt Disney World Omnimover attraction "If You Had Wings."

I've just done a new visual version of "The Triumph Of Man" setting the narration entirely to Ralph's magnificent pictures that he shared a couple years ago.    There were visuals for all scenes so that nothing else from other sources needed to be filled in.    Setting them to the record for the first time gave me the best sense of actually experiencing the attraction for real I've ever had.   (Putting this only privately on Dropbox, not on YT)

The Triumph Of Man (Record Set to Ralph Quinn Pictures)

Thanks for your kind words, Eric. Sorry I didn't document the first floor of the pavilion. I recall that I took one picture of some sort of paleolithic beast, but it was not sufficient in itself for the accompanying audio program, so I discarded it and displayed the external illuminated panels during that part of the audio when I made my own little movie. Of course I had no idea then that I shouldn't discard ANYTHING at all about the fair! 

• Like 1

Super!  Thanks to both Eric and Ralph!

• Like 1