40 replies to this topic

#1 wf256

wf256

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

I think the title is self-explanatory, but is anyone planning on visiting?

I'm vaguely thinking of 17th May and 2 weeks onwards. But beyond that I haven't really (and by really I mean at all) thought it through :(

wf256

#2 expoboy

expoboy

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

Looks like a very small event. Not sure it would be worth the time and energy (not to mention $$$) to get there.

#3 wf256

wf256

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

Looks like a very small event. Not sure it would be worth the time and energy (not to mention $$) to get there.

Maybe I'll be the only one :unsure:. But if I do go - I'll report back....

#4 wayofthefuture

wayofthefuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:34 PM

I'm planning to go as well. This will be my first Expo (of many, I hope) and first visit to Korea.

My tentative plan is to visit in late June for 1-2 weeks, with a few days in Seoul as well.

#5 wf256

wf256

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

I'm planning to go as well. This will be my first Expo (of many, I hope) and first visit to Korea.

My tentative plan is to visit in late June for 1-2 weeks, with a few days in Seoul as well.

Oh excellent. My plan is to go to Korea on 17th May, with Seoul first - so it's possible that we will be there at the same time. Just 1 week for me (although I may regret not spending more - as I've never felt as though I spent too much time at a fair)

I'm also intending to go to the DMZ, which will be interesting. I think most people on PTU are American, so probably very aware of the Korean war; there's less awareness here in Britain (including myself :(), even though British forces were involved.

#6 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:36 PM

Yep, ~62,000 Brits participated in the war. Was unaware of that myself.
Watch yourself around the DMZ, the Norks still have those tunnels, you know.

#7 wayofthefuture

wayofthefuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Oh excellent. My plan is to go to Korea on 17th May, with Seoul first - so it's possible that we will be there at the same time. Just 1 week for me (although I may regret not spending more - as I've never felt as though I spent too much time at a fair)

I'm also intending to go to the DMZ, which will be interesting. I think most people on PTU are American, so probably very aware of the Korean war; there's less awareness here in Britain (including myself :(), even though British forces were involved.

The DMZ is on my list as well. I also looked at the organized trips into the DPRK, but it seems that might be a bit too ambitious for my time frame.

Have you looked into hotel arrangements yet? The last time I checked there were not many options in Yeosu.

#8 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,370 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

I hear there's this big hotel in Pyongyang... B)
  • Urso Chappell likes this

#9 wf256

wf256

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

Have you looked into hotel arrangements yet? The last time I checked there were not many options in Yeosu.

Well, there have been so many failures of individual airlines/hotel chains etc. over the past few years I'm approaching a package company and leaving it to them :blink: then I'm covered by ABTA. They haven't indicated any difficulties, but we shall see...

#10 wf256

wf256

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

Yep, ~62,000 Brits participated in the war. Was unaware of that myself.

I didn't know it was that many. It makes it more shameful that it's so unknown.

Watch yourself around the DMZ, the Norks still have those tunnels, you know.

I think they might be keener on heading for the bright lights of Seoul to wait around looking at me,

#11 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

[quote}I think they might be keener on heading for the bright lights of Seoul to wait around looking at me,
[/quote]
You are so right. Ha! :lol:

#12 Urso Chappell

Urso Chappell

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

I'll be there for sure, but I'm not sure if it'll be there as a member of the press for a week or so... or longer.

I'm writing a series of articles for the official Expo 2012 blog and hoping to perhaps even work there during all three months:
http://2012expo.word...world-of-expos/

#13 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,841 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:55 AM

That sounds like a great adventure. Good luck! I'm enjoying the blog.

#14 Expoholic Jason

Expoholic Jason

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

I'll be heading there for at least two weeks. early June or early July. Also going to try to hit Shanghai again and see what the Expo site looks like now....and visit the Saudi Arabia pavilion which is still open and was one of the few I was unable to make it in to.

#15 wayofthefuture

wayofthefuture

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

I booked my flights yesterday. I'll be in Yeosu from July 9-12, then Seoul from July 12-14. :)
  • wf256 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users