Randy Treadway

Shot from a Gun

Does AFLAC cover accidents that happen when you're loaded?

No insurance company covers your injuries due to intoxication. If you fall down steps while drunk, no. If the stairs collapse and you fall down while drunk, yes, but you better have a good lawyer.

Also not covered are injuries that happen while committing a felony.

You can be covered for injuries while shot from a cannon, but it will cost you more.

Your basic Aflac accident policy will cover you up-to being loaded into a cannon and after you come down from the net.

Boy those Zacchini's really got around!

I just found out that the Zacchni family has loaned their cannon truck to the Ringling Circus Museum, close to me in Sarasota.  (well okay, I see that J4sing posted a note saying the same back in 2007. :) )

The windows on the truck look different from World's Fair pictures, and it's certainly a different paint job.  But given that a truck like this was a one-off fabrication, it's possible it could be the "Quaker Oats" World's Fair cannon mounted to the truck in Sarasota.  The cannon certainly looks the same, and the Zacchini provenance certainly adds a huge amount of weight to the possibility.

http://emuseum.ringling.org/emuseum/objects/17689/zacchini-repeating-firing-cannon?ctx=dae7f71b-f90d-4674-980a-108398624be5&idx=50

Zacchini.jpg

Can't let this topic go without a mention of needing a person of the right caliber.  

• Like 1