• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hearthstone Museum

Hearthstone Museum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hello, My name is Tricia Adams and I am the Executive Director of Hearthstone Historic House Museum in Appleton, Wisconsin. We are currently working on putting together an exhibit about the World's Fairs, particularly focusing on technology and innovations that were first introduced at the Fairs. We have a fairly decent collection from the 1893 fair but are trying to locate a few artifacts from several different Fairs to include in the exhibit. I was wondering if you or anyone you know might have one or two items that they would be willing to loan us for the exhibit. We do have insurance and would cover the shipping costs on the items. The items would be kept behind glass, in locked cases. We are particularly looking for souvenir type items: posters, pennants, commemorative dishes, guide books and things of that nature. The exhibit runs from July 19 - October 2. Would any of you or anyone you know have any items that they would be willing to have on exhibit? If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at hearthdirector@att.net. More information about the museum can be found at www.hearthstonemuseum.org. Thank you so much for you assistance!

#2 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,841 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 09:51 AM

Hi, Tricia. I sent you a note via e-mail. Glad to help if I can, and I'm sure others will be as well.

Bill

#3 bagels

bagels

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 04:57 AM

i would be more then happy to contribute anything you need

Attached Files

#4 expo1853

expo1853

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 07:28 AM

The World's Fair Historical Society is happy to say we were able to help Tricia and sent items to them that they used in their exhibit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users