Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

The sad state of the park today

Here are the before and after pictures of the Gotham Plaza with reference to the stolen artifact. The first one was taken on the day of my NYWF official flag raising, October 17, 2010.

RAY DASHNER

post-4015-0-32546900-1307840065_thumb.jp

post-4015-0-94522800-1307840127_thumb.jp

Probably one of the most highly visible spots in the park - pitiful. Hope they intend to keep an eye on The Rocket Thrower and Freedom of the Human Spirit so that they don't go the way of the Armillary Sphere and the Roszak plaque.

Anonymous said...

"Crazy World's fair" collectors want items FROM the Fairs - not this stuff placed recently. This was taken for metal I think. Some of this new stuff is even incorrect - look at the engraved date on the new structure where the Billy Rose Aquacade was. It says "1963 Worlds Fair" - pathetic idiocy. MB

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Abhorrent. If I saw these creeps I would have slit their..coats...with Kodachrome. The vigilant Parks Dept. (WHERE IS MY TRYLON!!!) and the wayward and misguided QM (YOU ARE NOT NEAR THE WHITESTONE BRIDGE!)are screwing things up well enough without help from more jerks.

Thanks for the link Bill :)

Eric

What a horrible shame. Today, If things aren't stolen or broken, they're spray painted with gang graffiti.

Hey Ray, how did you get that photo looking down at the plaza?

Doug, The vantage point is located on the edge of the overlook as shown in this photo.

post-4015-0-31609000-1307948330_thumb.jp

Going through my photos from my recent trip to NYC, I came across one that I took of the mosaic in Gotham Plaza.

I guess it wont be long before its filled in with concrete like the others.

post-4018-0-16075900-1357694438_thumb.jp