waynebretl

Stroll the park this Summer

38 posts in this topic

Doug, thanks for the suggestion. We will miss you when we find the underground home. <grin>

By the way, I'm planning ot spend a couple of other days at a couple of aviation museums further out on Long Island (Garden City and Farmingdale) , and it appears a rental car is the only reasonable transport. Comments anyone?

You will definitely need a car to get anywhere on Long Island, especially the museums. The Long Island Rail Road is great for commuters but after that it's tough to get around.

It's getting closer!

I have printed out 60 or 70 8x10s of Bill Cotter's photos, will have them in a genuine NYWF vinyl shoulder bag so we can pull them out and see what stood where.

9:30 am, Saturday, June 25 at Gotham plaza.

Weather date: Sunday June 26

Johnny, will there be any paint parties between June 22 and July 3?

It's getting closer!

I have printed out 60 or 70 8x10s of Bill Cotter's photos, will have them in a genuine NYWF vinyl shoulder bag so we can pull them out and see what stood where.

9:30 am, Saturday, June 25 at Gotham plaza.

Weather date: Sunday June 26

Johnny, will there be any paint parties between June 22 and July 3?

Wayne, Im sure we can get a paint day in during that time period. Ill see you 6/25...............Johnny

Wayne I will be bringing the pictures i've taken of the park over the last 35 years. Steve

Wayne I will be bringing the pictures i've taken of the park over the last 35 years. Steve

Great - next best thng to a time machine!

Here are the unedited, unculled pix from my camera today - others may be coming from the other "strollers."

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42002845@N02/sets/72157627047158784/

As you can see, we were amazed and pleased to be able to identify the exact location of some of Bill Cotter's photos. Also many thanks to Johnny for the NYSP tour.

A note to all who were there - As you know, I was not feeling well and left the party at 2:00 pm - I went and got checked out, and nothing serious found. However, I am not making definite plans for tomorrow (Sunday 26); will see how I feel and what the heat index will be.

Glad to hear that all is well Wayne!

Great shots as usual, Wayne. It looks like a beautiful day for your expedition. I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well and hope you're better tomorrow. I believe the weather forecast is good.

Photos from today posted at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42002845@N02/sets/72157627100007092/

The broken concrete and missing metal letters in Gotham Plaza have been replaced with plain red concrete. Queens Museum is now fencedoff with solid boards so that you cannot see what's happening and cannot get close to look in the windows. And of course, there were dummies in the fountain and even encouraging their kids to go in. Back side of NYSP was taped off as a police staging area due to the cross-town game at Citi.

It looks like it was a beautiful day for a walk in the park. I hope you enjoyed yourself. It didn't look very crowded.