#1 Themepark Nut

Themepark Nut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:46 AM

Hello Everyone:

43 years ago the city of San Antonio, Texas celebrated its 250th birthday. In keeping with Texas tradition no small party would do, the final result was a six month long International Exposition known as HemisFair ’68.

In honor of the 43rd anniversary of the opening day of HemisFair ’68 I am excited to announce the launching of my own website: www.worldsfair68.info. This is first online fan based commentary dedicated to the 1968 World’s Fair. The basic idea behind the site is to share my growing collection and knowledge of all things HemisFair with anyone who is interested in viewing an exciting chapter in San Antonio’s history.

Special thanks to Bill Cotter, Bill Young & Urso Chappel for your support in helping me evolve my site from a dream into a reality

Sincerely,
Chris A. Medina
www.worldsfair68.info

#2 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,429 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:38 AM

Congratulations Chris!

#3 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

The site looks great, Chris!!

#4 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

Looks great - have to come back and browse the whole thing!

#5 molassesonassis

molassesonassis

In Grover We Trust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

Congratulations on the site! Posted Image

#6 Themepark Nut

Themepark Nut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

Hello Everyone:

44 years ago today the city of San Antonio celebrated it's 250th birthday with the opening of the 1968 World's Fair - HemisFair '68 and invited the world to join in the six month long celebration. Today marks the first anniversary of the launching of my own website www.worldsfair68.info sharing my growing collection of memorabilia and knowledge of HemisFair '68, from an idea in the early 1960's thru today's plans for the redevelopment of the site. Be sure to check out the site in the coming weeks as I am in the process of adding a few dozen new items as well as renovating several existing pages to better organize existing material :) Viva HemisFair!

Sincerely,
Chris A. Medina
www.worldsfair68.info

#7 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the update, Chris. I haven't stopped by lately but will correct that soon.

Wow, year already - congratulations again on a great site.

#8 Themepark Nut

Themepark Nut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hello Everyone:

Hope we all had a great New Year :) Just wanted to share some great new updates to www.worldsfair68.info.

Last fall I had the pleasure of meeting with a hand full of local San Antonio residents who were involved with HemisFair '68 and got to hear thier memories of the funding, construction and operation of the San Antonio World's Fair. I have uploaded several of my interviews to the site under: "After the Fair" > "Conversations". I still have one more to upload and hope to have a few more meetings in the upcomming months.

Recently I created a Twitter account @worldsfair68 as an extension to my website to further share my growing collection and knowledge of HemisFair '68 as well as the city's redevelopment of the site, the plan is to post trivia / images from the Fair on the same day they occured 45 years earlier in 1968. Currently I am posting newspaper clippings of the construction of the Tower of the Americas.

Sincerely,
Christopher Medina
www.worldsfair68.info

#9 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Thanks for the update - I'll check them out.

#10 Themepark Nut

Themepark Nut

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Woo Hoo! Just got off the phone with Go Daddy, www.worldsfair68.info is now paid in full thru 2016 :) VIva HemisFair!

#11 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,947 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Great news about a great site!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users