A MESSAGE FROM NICK HIRSHON

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

From: Nick Hirshon <nickhirshon@gmail.com> [Add to Address Book]

To: Nick Hirshon <nickhirshon@gmail.com>

Subject: World's Fair Symposium on April 2

Date: Mar 4, 2011 9:18 AM

World's Fair fans:

Passing along news of an April 2 symposium on Long Island that will cover the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs: Exploring the 20th century New York World's fairs. Speakers include James Mauro, Helen Harrison, Lawrence Samuel and Richard Hanley. Screening of "The 1964 World's Fair." Located at the Long Island Museum in Stony Brook.

http://www.longislandmuseum.org/complete_listing.asp?ID=1046

Admission is $10 and lunch costs an additional $10. I plan on going and hope to see you there.

Nick

-------------------------------

Nicholas Hirshon

New York Daily News

Phone: 718-793-3328

Fax: 718-793-2910

Posted · Report post

Which film is "The 1964 World's Fair"? Is that a new compilation?

Posted · Report post

I was assuming they were talking about the Judd Hirsch-hosted one from quite a few years back. Though, if it's something new that would be even cooler.

Posted · Report post

Hi,

Oooh.....will Mr. Mauro divulge the results of his research into Grover Whalen's father's first marriage, or if his brother was actor Michael Whalen? Or the "illegitimate daughter" of Grover's? Think I will pass on this particular one. I would much rather hear John R. or H.H. speak. I assume John's GM materials and more will be on display - and those things are something to see!!!!!

Eric

Posted · Report post

Posted · Report post

Board Administrator note: moved this topic to the Events forum to align it to the target audience. (some people might log on only to check Events to see what they can attend.) This is indeed an event that can be attended.

Posted · Report post

Hi Randy,

Considering they are apparently charging $10 for the lecture over the $9 admission and selling lunch for another $10 - perhaps this and it partner thread should be in Commercial Events?

Best wishes,

Eric