Sign in to follow this  
SWCphotography

New York State Pavilion - new book

This just completed photo history book on the New York State Pavilion can be previewed at:

The New York State Pavilion: An Enduring Landmark

Thank you Johnny at the Fair and Bill!

There will be a writeup in the Tuesday 12/21 N.Y. Daily News by Nick Hirshon

My pleasure. Having seen a copy of it I heartily recommend it to fans of the New York State Pavilion or just the Fair in general. You did a great job on it!!

Thanks Mike & Bill,

It is available now through this link. Priced at zero profit and not much more than comparable photo histories - and it is in color. I felt that if Johnny can paint the mezzanine walls on his own I can do something from afar:

A photo history of one of the most visible landmarked buildings in New York and what may be described as the "Eiffle Tower of Queens". With special insight and contributing photographs from George Capsis, who together with Alfred Stern and Jack Robinson designed the World's Fair exhibit for the New York State Pavilion: A Miniature Trip Through New York.

1100835450_K5cqU-Th.jpg

The New York State Pavilion: An Enduring Landmark

Just ordered my own copy, can't wait till it gets here. :)

Thanks midnight rider!

The irony has not been lost on me that in its current condition the New York State Pavilion has again become a "Miniature Trip Through New York" - only one that calls attention to a less than flattering aspect about the City and State.

WOW! Congrats Chris, this looks outstanding! I am so glad someone finally wrote a book about our NYSP, so long overdue. Can't wait to have a copy.

This is the best thing to come along since the BBQ video, I love it! J

Wasn't it Archimedes who said gimme a brush long enough and I'll paint the NYSP?

Thanks Johnny, it'll be nice to add a before and after shot of the painted mezzanine for the 2011 edition!

Congrats guys, and here's a picture I just found that I hadn't seen before.

post-3701-0-73339400-1293821280_thumb.jp