j4sing

Tent of Tomorrow dot com

Dear Friends-

I would first and foremost like to thank all those here who enriched my knowledge and understanding of the 1964 New York World's Fair. In the 13 months leading to our memorable tour on 22 June, 2008, I truly enjoyed sharing and learning with all of you. I put a lot of work into my Tent of Tomorrow website, which was inspired by some of the good people here at PTU, and did all I could to present everyone in attendence with a knowledgable and entertaining tour.

As many know, I was not able to renew the Domain name TentofTomorrow.com in a timely enough fashion and lost the rights to the name. These things happen, and now someone else owns it.

However, it was abruptly brought to my attention this evening that whoever owns this site now

plagarized everything I wrote, word for word, and claimed it as their own without giving me due credit. For the most part, just like what kids do with stuff online in their schoolwork. Maybe the person who took over the domain name and my material did so to preserve my work. If this is the case, thank you for the effort, even though it's like writing a book and seeing it used for bird cage lining.

If not, then whoever did this should be truly ashamed of themselves.

The layout is different, and many of my pictures and artwork are gone, but what remains on this shoddy facsimile is my own writing. The only thing that was added was the picture of Michael Nagel, the NY times guy. The administrator of the "new" TOT.com remains anonymous. .

Behold the ruins of the website Tent of Tomorrow dot com

Here's to the good ol days and once more, thanks to all who came from near and far to attend my tour, and for the love,support and encouragement you gave my former website.

Best wishes, Jay

post-3703-0-40776900-1290994801_thumb.jp

post-3703-0-86222500-1290995881_thumb.jp

post-3703-0-14235200-1290996436_thumb.jp

post-3703-0-58744600-1290996523_thumb.jp

post-3703-0-03153500-1290996655_thumb.jp

Very sad indeed Jason. So sorry that someone out there is so stagnant that they cannot even find original words to used on the subject. Whoever is the culprit must not have the passion for the project that you do!

Here's some information on the new owner:

http://whois.domaint...toftomorrow.com

Looks like the owner is protectedomainservices.com, which in turn is owned by

Christian Investments LLC d/b/a Protected Domain Services

Christian Investments LLC d/b/a Protected Domain Services

125 Rampart Way

Suite 300

Denver

CO

US

Phone: +1.3034596012

They have a history of grabbing expired sites and creating new ones with names like existing sites. They also seem to get sued and lose a lot in case you can find anyone to take on the case pro bono.

Sorry to hear Jason, it seems your hard work went The Way of all Flesh, but at least it's still out there and preserved...

Appreciate it Brad, but have you clicked on the link above? Aside from copying and pasting words and pictures, this does not resemble

the website that we kknew at all. I wouldn't call that preserved, I would call it desecrated.

Not the "Way of the Flesh" my friend, more like the "Way of the Federal Pavilion" ;)

Appreciate it Brad, but have you clicked on the link above? Aside from copying and pasting words and pictures, this does not resemble

the website that we kknew at all. I wouldn't call that preserved, I would call it desecrated.

Not the "Way of the Flesh" my friend, more like the "Way of the Federal Pavilion" ;)

I agree with Bill. Sue!

Well, this is valuable information to know.

Who would have imagined that they would be able to scoop up your CONTENT as well as the domain name?

Wow. Sorry to hear that, Jason. Look around on the internet, there may be some young lawyer or group that is on a quest to combat this sort of thing.

This is unfortunate.

Here's a link to Archive.org's cache of the website from June 30, 2008.

http://web.archive.org/web/20080707220340/tentoftomorrow.com/default.aspx

You can compare against the "new" Tent of Tomorrow.

http://tentoftomorrow.com/

There are lawyers who specialize in this kind of thing but it is difficult, especially if the owner of the domain misses the renewal, but the content is on your side.

There is one lead, they include a Google Analytics account number in their code, UA-11971577. I Googled this number and came up with another website using the same number: http://www.post911timeline.org/.

There's no way on knowing if this website has also been taken over but like the "new" ToT website it is hosted by Dreamhost and is built using Wordpress.

Sorry to learn of your troubles, Jason. I wonder if there's a way to beat them at their own game by reconstructing the original site from an archive like the one Marc linked-- but registering it under a different name, i.e., "TentOfTomorrow.org?" Then maybe it could be affiliated or at least linked with us here at WFC/PTU where true keepers of the flame could appreciate your efforts?

I need to give this some careful thought. Thank you all for the advice and offers of assistance.

I just can't do it at this time, but I appreciate the offer. To rebuild my website and maintain it properly like I did is just out of my

grasp at present. Life tends to intefere with art, so to speak.

However, I would be more than happy to donate what I have to a website affiliated with these message boards that is a true keeper of the flame.

In fact, I would rewrite the essays to bring them up to date, as well as add some more recent pictures along with my color map of the mezzanine

and other artwork.

Has anyone been in touch with Bill Young lately? I did write him a couple times over the past year to ask him if he were interested in some of my stuff

but have received no reply.

I just can't do it at this time, but I appreciate the offer. To rebuild my website and maintain it properly like I did is just out of my

grasp at present. Life tends to intefere with art, so to speak.

However, I would be more than happy to donate what I have to a website affiliated with these message boards that is a true keeper of the flame.

In fact, I would rewrite the essays to bring them up to date, as well as add some more recent pictures along with my color map of the mezzanine

and other artwork.

Has anyone been in touch with Bill Young lately? I did write him a couple times over the past year to ask him if he were interested in some of my stuff

but have received no reply.

Your content could be hosted right here as part of the community and you could pick it back up some day if circumstances allow.

Thank you Marc that is very kind. I gave it some thought and decided to make TOT.com a sub domain with my redux of GLCI.com instead.

It should be up sometime later in the winter because I need to focus on GLCI first. I really do appreciate the offer though, thats very sweet.

Happy Holidays!

BTW folks, check out the new site- it's my first ever attempt at a flash video intro. Not bad for a beginner, eh?

Gotta Love Coney Island