lemog

photos taken by visitors

1967_ph_amat_s01_01_800.jpg

US pavilion, Île Sainte-Hélène.

1967_ph_amat_s01_02_800.jpg

UK pavilion, Île Notre-Dame.

1967_ph_amat_s01_03_800.jpg

Île Notre-Dame, front, the pavilion of Industrie Canadienne de la Pâte et du Papier, at left, a part of the Steel Pavilion.

1967_ph_amat_s01_04_800.jpg

Île Sainte-Hélène, Belgium pavilion, Swiss pavilion at left.

1967_ph_amat_s01_05_800.jpg

Île Sainte-Hélène, Swan Lake, Calder's Stabile, we saw the UK pavilion on the Île Notre-Dame.

1967_ph_amat_s01_06_800.jpg

Soviet pavilion, Île Notre-Dame.

1967_ph_amat_s01_07_800.jpg

Deux photos, taked front the fountains of Christian pavilion.

1967_ph_amat_s01_08_800.jpg

!

Thanks Gilles... yes, Bill Dutfield have a very impressive photo collection wink.gif

I'll share a couple taken on our visit in 1968:

Untitled-43copy.jpg

Untitled-42copy.jpg

Untitled-44copy.jpg

See the small bag with the Expo logo that the woman is carrying? I found one just like it when I was helping an elderly woman clean out her basement several summers ago. She wanted to toss everything, but when I found that, she told me to keep it and it is now a part of my world's fair collection.

Those photographs are wonderful. How I wish I could return to Expo for just one afternoon. It was such a wonderful time and an amazingly beautiful exposition. And Montreal is the most beautiful city on the continent.

Thank you for posting these snapshots.

Merci!

I love the video on that page as well. I especially like the scenes of the United Nations pavilion and Place des Nations.

Jim

I found one more.

boghr6copy.jpg

That was fun! Some very nice views i there. It looks like the weather was still a bit chilly.

I was surprised to hear a snip of the theme from "The Man From U.N.C.L.E." about 3:37!

Mollasesonassis, many of your recent posts are showing up blank here - not sure if it's becuse they are youtube links blocked here - will have to check another computer.

Is anyone else having trouble?

Thanks to share this video... very good mood about this expo... especially for me... in french wink.gif

@ Wayne - I don't know. They appear to be working for others. Did you try watching the links on YouTube?

@ Bill - I caught U.N.C.L.E too! The one that's driving me crazy is the music that begins @ 7:41. I know it well and can't place what I know it from. And of course Shazam won't pick it up!

I saw it without problem when it was posted ! mellow.gif

Thanks for posting,brings back memeories of my trip to expo memorial day weekend 1967 with 4 of my friends.My friend Steve took his dads 63 Chevy Biscayne and told us we would share the driving.Steve wound up driving all but one hour of the combined trip and got a speeding ticket on the Northway.

Great film. For some reason I really like the scene at Place d'Acceuil and the shots of the new, crisp, perfect Expo Guide. It speaks volumes about the freshness and excitment of that exposition.