Sign in to follow this  
NewTowner

Trying to Find a Futurama Button!

Hello!

I am new to this community! My name is Nathan, and I am a graduate student in the History of Architecture. One of the projects on which I have spent a lot of time—and on which I am likely to continue spending time—is the famous General Motors Futurama exhibit.

I have been looking to purchase an "I Have Seen the Future" button for a little while, but can't seem to find one around! Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Immediately, I would like to find a button to incorporate into an exhibition I am working on about the production and presentation of architectural visions of the future. But ultimately, I also want one for myself! That was such an amazing phenomenon, that Futurama!

Thank you!

Hi,

that ought not to be very hard to find - they were made in huge quantity and I found mine in a coin shop for $5. They were given out in 1940. I am all out of "I Have Seen Tomorrow" buttons from the D.C. Show :( Say, I am still looking for a Motoman pin!

Best,

Eric

Eric:

Thank you very much for your encouraging reply!

You don't happen to remember the name of that coin shop, do you? I've just had such rotten on this up 'til now, I could really use all the pointers I can get...

Gratefully Yours,

Nathan

Hi Nathan,

The coin shop would not have another - it is hit and miss - these really pop up rather frequently in antique shops and so on. There is a GM Futurama button on eBay right now for 99 cents - when I find it I will link it.

I also have some amazing photographs regarding the exhibit. See your Private Messages. I have sent some samples from the GM archives you might find interesting. Write me at magikbilly@yahoo.com if interested.

Best,

Eric

Eric:

You are awesome. You know, I have searched Ebay tirelessly for days, but somehow never came across this piece! I always included the words "1939," "Future," "Futurama," etc., and never hit upon the right combination of terms!

I placed bid on it, and now I am hoping my best hopes that the price stays below the ol' graduate student budget ceiling.

Thanks again!

1940 GM I Have Seen The Future Button

You should be able to get one for a very good price - don't pay $20 or anything.

Best,

Eric