Sign in to follow this  
ak6101

Meet Author of new book on GL Expo Nov 10

If you in or near the Cleveland area, please try to stop by Hudson OH this November...

Author John Vacha on Wednesday, November 10 at 7 p.m. visits the Hudson Library & Historical Society to discuss his latest book, “Meet Me on Lake Erie, Dearie! Cleveland’s Great Lakes Exposition, 1936–1937.”

Details here:

http://hudsonlibrary.org/EventsFall2010GreatLakes.html

I have loaned the Library over 50 items from my collection, which will be on display throughout November on the second floor in conjunction with Mr. Vacha's talk. Items include Firestone Tire Ashtrays and Rubber cars, a souvenir model of an art deco service station given out by Sohio, a Milk carton bank, rubber ashtray, paperweights, trivets, a drinking glass, pennants, postcards and maps.

Also included are programs from all three main live shows. The Billy Rose Aquacade, which was later featured at the NY Worlds Fair, the Parade of the Years, which became Railroads on Parade at the NYWF, and the Ice Show Winterland.

If you are a fan of Cleveland history, the 1930's, or fairs and expos, please stop by Hudson for either the book talk or the display.