• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#16 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

The 3 theme pavilions arranged in a triangle have to spare at the center of the Universe Square.

Posted Image

There is a sort of pool, with fountains in its center, an outdoor bar or restaurant.

Posted Image

We shall see in a next update, this extends to a higher level as a second terrace, where you can follow walkways to link the three theme pavilions.

Posted Image

#17 scrock30

scrock30

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

When I saw this post I remembered that I had taken a picture of this area when I visited Man ans His World in Aug. of 1977. Here is my picture. Steve

Attached Files

#18 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:00 AM

Waouw great !
Finally no much changes in 10 years... umbrellas colors, and the Symbol of man is now an advertising for cinema Posted Image

Do you remember if it's always "Le RaphaŽl" Cocktail Lounge" in 1977 ?

Thanks a lot for this interesting shot Posted Image

#19 expoboy

expoboy

Loves World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 12:43 PM

When I saw this post I remembered that I had taken a picture of this area when I visited Man ans His World in Aug. of 1977. Here is my picture. Steve

Hard to imagine that just a few years later these buildings would be in ruins and ready for demolition.

#20 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

Following of the Place of the Universe, with the floor of the restaurant "Le Raphael". Now we are discovering the type of structure used for these thematic pavilions of Man Explorer. We can easily imagine the construction game that had to represent thousands, even millions of metallics pieces, and bolt!

Posted Image

Access stairs are in place, this time with the floor of the upper terrace of the restaurant

Posted Image

Below should be part of the Salon-Lounge "The Raphael".

Posted Image

Note the two staircases that go backwards, they will join the major gateways that allow access by air to the three pavilion of the Man the Explorer.

Posted Image

#21 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:01 PM

Quick update
here the structure of bridges that link the three pavilions of the Man the Explorer ... a forest of metal.

Posted Image

Connection with the Place of Universe...

Posted Image

...and with the pavilions, but it still lacks many details! Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:10 AM

very nice - keep up the good work!

#23 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:58 PM

Glad to hear you appreciate Wayne, thanks !

Now the following,

the project really begins to take consistence. Here is a step that will allow to fully appreciate the project area, the area of the expo which will be presented in the film. The location of the theme pavilions is now fully connected to the group of Scouts and Control Centre.

Posted Image

The minirail line was extended and follows the original route of expo, along the banks of the channel and bypassing a thematic pavilions.
When we see the extent of the area, we understand that 1 m 30 sec, we can make a quick lap, and without having time to go to Calder Stabile.

Posted Image

Focus on the turn made by the minirail. In the new scene animation, the camera should also take this path.
Can be seen on the right side of the pavilion, a small protuberance, which is actually the base of a statue. Between the Group of Scouts and the theme pavilion that was a statue of Nicolas Copernicus seated. I thought I could do without them ... but I realized that during the tracking shot that follows the route of minirail, it would be se

Posted Image

Missing on the left side, the Scandinavian pavilion, whose implementation should further delay.

Posted Image

Little walk along the first of three theme pavilions, along which we see the structures of different platforms, but also of the stairs. There was an escalator on the other side, in front. So I guess these stairs were reserved for the descent.

Posted Image

Close up the stairs and different levels, I'd be hard pressed to fill the absence of photographs taken inside, but the camera should not come here searching for the movie!

Posted Image

Shown here is the escalator, which overlooks the square of the Universe.

Posted Image

Here a pretty rich view of pavilions, structures, stairs and escalators, walkways and minirail ... phew!
For now, it shows quite well the details of the structure, but we must think in the end, everything will be uniformly rusty!

Posted Image

View from a bridge of northwest pavilion, toward the Place of Universe. I could hardly allow me to end such a frame in the movie, in fact, we look towards the other bank, to Notre-Dame Island, and we should see, among others, the Soviet flag. We can unfortunately not all do!

Posted Image

A broad view of the Square. But I'm very fond of the visual richness of this place.

Posted Image

Framing that is going to refocus the last shot of the animation to take us to the third theme pavilion and this wheel animated symbol of Man.

Posted Image

Passing near the restaurant "Le Raphael", not for it to advertise, but rather as a symbol of this festive and friendly place ...

Posted Image

...place that is completed to fly, we should see in the background, the the phone pavilion ... and perhaps that of Maine, unless I can deleted it!

Posted Image

...to finish near the wheel symbol of Man. In the film we will be much shorter, so to see the symbol.

Posted Image

#24 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

It's almost finished for the the main pavilions of the film, but it must now fill the immediate environment that will be seen when moving the camera.
We start with the one in continuity, from the Control Center to the left along the shore, passing the thematic pavilions, we find the pavilion of Scandinavia ... last building before the Swan Lake and the Place des Nations.

Posted Image

This is a very interesting pavilion, if you like the style improved hangar... anyway, we will not see much in the film, as the camera passes between the pavilion of Man the Explorer and the one of Scandinavia.

Posted Image

This pavilion with simple shape, was actually very impressive, especially when compared with its neighbors, the theme pavilions.

Posted Image

We realizes very well on this last image, the pavilion of Man the Explorer looked very large before the establishment of it!

Posted Image

#25 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 01:30 AM

Following...

with two new pavilions for garnish environment that will always be seen from a distance ... processing details has been limited.

Posted Image
...but finally don't miss so much details, in order to be high!
Despite its simple rectangular shape, the Iranian pavilion remains so far a very pleasant and refined.

Posted Image
The Phone pavilion is more simple, but very functional.
Fortunately, as it turns out that in 1967, Canadians are big fans of the phone ! They are said to be the most talkative of the Universe !
This is a private pavilion, built at the initiative of 8 companies. It is inside a movie theater and an exhibition.

Posted Image
That's now where these pavilions and how they fit into the global scene.

Posted Image
This is not really visible here, but if the camera went on, we discover a gap between the thematic pavilions, bridges and the last two pavilions that have just been added.
It's therefore necessary that I fill this space, the Switzerland pavilion was there.e !

Posted Image

#26 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:52 PM

Here's, maybe the last additions...

almost don, I begin to see the end of the modeling for the Expo 67 project.
I finished tso fill the environment, and holes. We begin with the Austrian pavilion, which was behind the western theme pavilion Man theExplorer, along the Swan Lake.
Another rather original geometric shape and characteristic of this pavilion, which the little pictures, do I have perhaps not allowed to be faithful 100%, but we do not see that far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And the last one I did not like, but I was afraid of having to include the flag of Maine, who was behind the group of Scouts.
It is sufficiently detailed with regard to elevation, in contrast to the lower part and the garden, I did nothing because it will not be visible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

See you then place in the universe, with the flags of Austria, which fills the hole perfectly.

Posted Image

Posted Image

On this rendering, we see behin, the pavilione of Maine, which is just above. Given the channel Le Moyne, and behind the group of the Scouts and Control Center, it does little more than a piece glass roof.

Posted Image

I also trimmed a bit more space between the flag and the theme of Scandinavia.

Posted Image

With the addition of the famous sculpture of tubes, which we know nothing, and telephone booths typical!

Posted Image

Next update ... it will be the blast-test movie.

#27 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,871 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:35 PM

None of my shots of Maine have flagpoles where you show them.

Other than that, wow.

#28 lemog

lemog

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 09:31 PM

You're right Bill... on your shots... no flags...

as we can see below, on the first, flagpoles are far... but the last... permit to be less sure ! or, there's only on... at left !

Posted Image

For the project, it's not very important because the pavilion will be not much show... but anyway...I want to find the answer Posted Image

#29 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,396 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

I believe the 'one flagpole on the corner' (shaped like a ship's mast) is the only one that belonged to the Maine pavilion. Nearby flagpoles belonged to neighbor pavilions.

I think the ships-mast flagpole is visible in both black & white photos.

Posted Image

#30 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:21 AM

Posted Image

Despite its simple rectangular shape, the Iranian pavilion remains so far a very pleasant and refined.

Yes, a nice appearance.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users