lemog

3d reconstruction project / Theme Center New York 1939

Hi,

I am sorry I have not been on the boards lately. That is superb work! However, I believer I see a few small problems with your model, oddly in the same place another model maker encountered them You solution is different but still incorrect I believe. I will look at some detailed photographs when I have the time. I am speaking of the area under the very start of the Helicline, and the spot along the base of the Trylon where the angle changes (should be more forward I think). Also the size of the 2 exit doors and the relationship of the light and dark grey pavement shapes under the Helicine by the base of the Trylon.

Best,

Eric

Hi,

I took some time and checked - it appears you have indeed made an error where I mentioned. This has also caused the first Helicline support to be too far away from the Trylon I think. When I can I will post a scan showing the solution. Also, you are missing one of the most ingenious things - the Information Booth under the base/end of the Helicline. Do you have images of that in color?

Best,

Eric

Hello Eric, thanks a lot for your good advices...

of course, I know the Helicline supports are not placed perfectly... in fact, I don't have enough documents, and not enough precise to place all these supports in good place.

Certainly, the first is the mostly visible on many photos... but I can't find after a natural placement for the others (or logical)... also, I don't have the exact number of supports !

It's also the reason why I've changed the film scenario... in first, I've planned to turn around the Helicline... but this part is not enough precise, as you said.

I guess the new film ride permit that this problem will be not too much visible... what do you think ?

And about information booth... I don't know exactly what is it... are you talking about the wide aperture on the other side of the base of the Trylon ?

Here are the first textures for New York 1939 ... they concern the environment basic of the background, and the metal structures of Trylon, Perisphere and Helicline.

wip_1939_NewYork_040_800.jpg

The background will not need to be much more detailed, because there will blur depth of field ... with which I should play according to the framing.

wip_1939_NewYork_041_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_042_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_043_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_044_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_045_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_046_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_047_800.jpg

Diving into the Perisphere, before the appearance of the interior, Democracity.

wip_1939_NewYork_048_800.jpg

Dear Lemog,

I made this quickly - I hope it shows what I am seeing. The b/w is original reference photo, the middle image is yours and last shows what I think are corrections. The orange and other colors should show you what I mean.

Also, for you project accuracy, I attach a truly rare color image of the Helicline Information Booth. It is super rare - a touch of credit in your project would be most appreciated.

Best,

Eric

post-434-127378763182_thumb.jpg

post-434-127378775867_thumb.jpg

OK Eric... thanks a lot for these good details... about the part at the Trylon base... I don't think that will be very and clearly visible in the film... with people, animation, depth of field...

but the Helicline base, with the information booth is very interesting... very !!!

unfortunetely for me, I'm a bit more advanced in the project, even if I don't have the time to post the latest images... but certainly I will be obliged to add this particular detail... of course rolleyes.gif

helibase.jpg

After to have finished texturing all structures, we now come within the Perisphere, with the discovery of Democracity. There is not much documentation on this subject, I'm inspired by the illustration on the cover of a book, and some pictures in black and white.

wip_1939_NewYork_049_800.jpg

It will be missed within the projections on the inner surface of Perisphere, but this will be compensate by animating of camera, concentric rotation of the two balconies, and the presence of visitors.

wip_1939_NewYork_050_800.jpg

Focus on basic Perisphere, when the camera comes out.

wip_1939_NewYork_051_800.jpg

Last frames of the film, where we discover all the completed parts of the scene.

wip_1939_NewYork_052_800.jpg

It's still a little nude, since many are still missing elements of environment that will be present in the film.

wip_1939_NewYork_053_800.jpg

Final picture, wide shot of the image of the exhibition of 1939, very representative I guess !

...but now, I must modify the helicline base laugh.gif

wip_1939_NewYork_054_800.jpg

Looking good Lemog! A slight change - the grassy field in the upper portion of the Terminus in Democracity was actually an artificial harbor. Other than that looks stupendous!!

Thanks for the info Joey... it is this part I guess ?

artificial_harbour.jpg

That was one, and the other one was directly to the left of that. The red circle encompasses some of that.

I just finalized the first version of the film on the New York Expo 1939.

You can finally discover the Trylon and Perisphere with their environment, even if it was treated relatively simply,

and especially visitors, who can give a little life, and the scale of these giant buildings in Flushing Meadow.

wip_1939_NewYork_055_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_056_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_057_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_058_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_059_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_060_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_061_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_062_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_063_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_064_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_065_800.jpg

wip_1939_NewYork_066_800.jpg