RandomWalkers

Expo ticket purchase--now or there?

Glad I stumbled upon your board. We, in a crazy moment, decided to pack up the three kids (19, 16, 13) and go to the Shanghai Expo. I have flights, Holiday Inn Express rooms, and the delivery number for Shanghai McDonalds (press 2 for English), but I have not decided whether we need to purchase our Expo tickets in advance. I was just going to go ahead and do it, but apparently you can't buy from the official site (or I can't figure out how to there:-) Does anyone know if there is a good reason to purchase in advance and, if so, a reliable source?

RandomWalkers

New Orleans, Vancouver, Seville

I say buy them there. Hopefully they will have a set-up like Expo 2000 in Hannover where you could buy admission tickets at vending machines in train depots, tram stops, subway stations and at the airport. I know there is a small savings if you buy in advance but there is always the risk of misplacing them. Have fun; I'm sure the kids will get a kick out of all the high tech exhibits.

Well Living here in Shanghai and working with the Expo Bureau I would say, buy them here....

Yes you could save a little bit by buying them at home which is not that obvious on where you can buy Expo Tickets abroad.

There will be vending machines in some places...but closer to the Expo on the other side of the river at the Pudong side...any hotel you will stay at will have the Expo Ticket service so don't worry.

How long are you staying for....because I would like to remind you that the official amount of time needed to visit the whole Expo Park is 10 Days...so you're maybe better off buying 3 day passes.

If you want to plan your visit or organize which pavilions to visit first ...check out www.expo.cn...it is the virtual Expo or Expo Online and it gives you a good impression of the size and the amount of pavilions to visit. by May the 1st you will even have the chance to visit the pavilions interior... virtually... so you will know which pavilions have a more interesting exhibition or visitor experience and which ones are not so attractive.

I have been working with the Expo and the Expo Online since 2007 and I can tell you that a lot of Pavilions want to attract visitors with their architecture, which is nice to make pictures...but don't have a strong or interesting Exhibition......

Hope I could Help and have fun!!!

By the way I will be at the Expo Park everyday...If you feel like meeting up or need some help just call me:

008613817181922, I will be happy to give you some tips!

Scalle

Thanks everyone--We were squeezed by school schedules so only have 4 days in Shanghai since we wanted to go to Beijing as we were 'in the neighborhood'

I can't remember if we did 3 or 4 days in Seville--and of course we moved faster there with just the two of us. We'll start with the three day pass and see how the group holds up.

Will we have trouble locating and using ATM's for cash withdraw?

RandomWalkers

New Orleans, Vancouver, Seville

PS I try not to bring up Hanover at my house as my husband really wanted to go (with kids 9,6,3) and I said THAT was nuts;-)