Sign in to follow this  
Figbassist75

Visits to World's Fair Park

Just wondering if anyone has made any recent visits to World's Fair Park. As for me, I have not returned to either Knoxville or World's Fair Park since December of 2008. The other day I found my XD card that has pictures from my December 08 visit and I will post a few pics that I didn't get to put up on the site earlier. If anyone has been to the park as of late and has discovered any remaining "artifacts" from the 1982 fair, then please share them on the site. I would love to see them. Take care everyone.

I live in Knoxville and visit the site quite regularly. I have a lot of photos of the current World's Fair Park and will go digging around to see if any photos remain from my days visiting the fair back in '82. I donated most of my souvenirs to the Museum of East Tennessee History back in 2002 for the museum's 20th anniversary exhibit (which I helped curate).

I'll try to track down some info on remaining "artifacts" from the fair. There aren't as many as I'd like, but there are a few surprises. Some of the materials used to build the international pavilions was sold off as scrap building material after the fair. There is at least one business in town that I know of that has a piece of an international pavilion as part of its facade/awning.